Grafton Optical is one of the UK's leading suppliers of ophthalmic instruments, equipping and servicing independent and larger chain opticians as well as Britain's hospitals.
Grafton was established in 1982 and is located in Watford, Hertfordshire, which has excellent transport links. We moved to our current premises in October 2006 to help aid with our planned expansion. The new building provides us with a larger Technical Service Department, an enhanced, larger warehouse and a state of the art showroom.
Grafton's reputation is based on our ability to source and supply the finest ophthalmic equipment at the best possible value for our customers. As an independent company we can choose the best instruments from across the world, including the USA, Europe, Japan and China, without pressure or compromise.
Grafton Optical has also built robust, long lasting relationships with our suppliers, such as Optovue, Reichert and Frastema. This has enabled us to provide our customers with the first-class support they deserve.
Our product range has expanded greatly since the early days. Grafton's top of the range products now include:
- Optical Coherence Tomographer from Optovue (USA)
- Retinal Camera from Canon (Japan)
- Pachymeters from DGH (USA)
- Auto Non-Contact Tonometers from Reichert (USA)
- A & B Scans from Accutome (USA)
- Stylish Combination Chair & Stand Units from Frastema (Italy)
- Slit Lamps & Corneal Topographers (Japan)
- Computerised Test Chart SixSix developed in part by Grafton Optical
Given our commitment to excellence in the supply and support of the finest ophthalmic instruments, Grafton is also a proud sponsor of the Technology Practice of the Year Award at the Optician Magazine's EyeCare awards.
Grafton's Technical Services Department (seven Service Engineers) has had to grow and adapt over the years as our product range has increased and advances have been made in ophthalmic technology.
Our Technical Services Department comprises a talented team of individuals who are highly specialised in their individual engineering fields. At Grafton we feel it is essential to recruit the highest calibre of engineer and also have a wide array of specialists to service a diversity of equipment to the highest standards, with the diligent care and attention that we are renowned for. We also strive to stay ahead of the technological curve so we can be as responsive as possible to the changing needs of our valued customers - today and in the future.
At Grafton we are proud of our level of customer service. Our dedicated team is here to help serve your needs:
- Electronic / Component engineers for fault finding and electronic board repairs.
- IT Technical engineers to repair and solve problems found in software driven ophthalmic instruments.
- Electro / mechanical engineers to install, service and maintain the general optical equipment range.
- Sales department with helpful and efficient sales office to back up our specialist sales force covering the UK and Eire.
These are dedicated to demonstrating the features, advantages and benefits of our carefully chosen product range.